Trace Vietnam’s eastern coastline on this 15-day Lonely Planet Experience, tackling the country from south to north and discovering the many wonders that lie along the way. From the modern chaos of Ho Chi Minh City all the way up to old-world Hanoi, you'll experience tumultuous history, colonial charm, vibrant colours, delicious food and inspiring scenery on your adventure. Take a boat cruise along the Mekong Delta, tour the backstreets of Hoi An with a local, enjoy a rural homestay in Da Bac and explore the beautiful karsts of Lan Ha Bay.
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise and Homestay
- Mekong Delta - Boat Cruise Lunch
- Hoi An - Old Town walking tour
- Hoi An - Countryside bicycle hire
- Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour
- Da Bac - Homestay and activities
- Da Bac - Sung Cave hike
- Da Bac - Sung village to Da Bia hike
- Da Bac - Hoa Binh Reservoir Cruise
- Da Bia - Muong Tribe Lunch
- Cat Ba Island - Kayaking
- Cat Ba Island - Boat trip on Lan Ha Bay
- Cat Ba Island - Lan Ha Bay Lunch
- After spending time admiring Hoi An’s World Heritage-listed ancient town, hop on a bike and pedal beside rice fields and through small villages on a guided bicycle tour of the surrounding countryside.
- Spend two days on Cat Ba Island relaxing on tiny beaches, hiking through verdant jungle and kayaking around karst-studded Lan Ha Bay. It’s just like Halong, but with fewer tourists!
- Cruise around the backwater canals of the Mekong Delta – the ‘rice bowl’ of Vietnam – and discover rural life and local interactions along the shores with your small group.
- Explore the 36 streets of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, as well as the Dong Xuan Market and Hoan Kiem Lake, taking in the unique mixture of French Colonial and Buddhist architecture.
- This trip is big on connecting with the real Vietnam, and with two included homestays – one in Da Bac and one on the Mekong Delta – you can immerse yourself in everyday life.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...